THOUGHTS FROM MARY:
Happy Friday!!! The Super Bowl is on Sunday…. I hope your weekend is for cheering on your favorite team and just kicking back and relaxing.
Once the Game is over and done with, the whole world will be focused on Valentine’s Day.
Here we go again….. the love day. All the media frenzy tells us what to do, how to do it and why…. we are love-starved and looking for love everywhere we turn. There’s nothing wrong with that and for those of us that are in love, comfortable in their love life or looking for something new, all is okay.
Regardless of where your are in the “Love Dept”, we all need love and whether you are blessed to share that love with someone you have already found or if you are searching for that special someone, what I have come to know is that love starts with you.
Valentine’s Day is for each and everyone of us. And there is love for everyone! How will you spend your love this Valentine’s Day?
I have a few suggestions for you:
- Don’t wait until Valentine’s Day… begin today!!
- Love is love and why should you wait until February 14th to express it? Start today and do something that is just for you.
- Who cares if you have a someone special right now.
- My favorite saying of all time is “Desiderata” and one of the lines from that saying is ” You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.”
- Celebrate you and the wonderful man or woman that you are!
- If you are in love and have that “special someone”, don’t wait until Valentine’s Day……. begin today…. plan a “Month of Romance”…. Take each week and break it down into small, doable gestures and work your way to something spectacular…. just don’t forget that “little things mean alot”…. romance, romance, romance… get creative!!!
- And if I left anyone out….. just love!!! Gifts don’t have to cost a lot. A couple of incredible gestures can mean the world to someone you don’t even know. The smallest act of kindness can change someone’s life and you may not even realize that you made a difference.
- And, don’t forget your family! I just love my family! They are everything I hold dear and they are the best of who I am! I love and adore them all.
Please enjoy my testimonial this week from my niece, Teresa. Her wedding is planned for this coming August, 2012. Her engagement party was fabulous and we had so much fun planning her favors for her party! Stay tuned for this year’s happy events!!